Preventing disease transmission in animal shelters can be challenging. Let’s face it, animals can introduce and pass on countless pathogens while in the shelter’s care and because shelter workers are the front line of involvement with animals the spread of viruses and bacteria can multiply. We can support the health, safety and outlook of animals in the care of shelters, as well as the care-givers who work there by providing the only fast, safe, reliable – and green products for disinfection. We reduce the animals’ exposure to harmful chemicals, as well as to the workers and volunteers who care for them.
Traditional disinfectants take up to 10 minutes to kill, and normally require reapplication in order to achieve that time. Accel Disinfectant is a Category IV disinfectant that takes only 1 to 5 minutes (depending on formula) to disinfect. It uses a revolution in disinfection technology called Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP), a technology that:
- Is used in approximately 80% of the veterinary clinics in Canada
- Is used in approximately 80% of the hospitals in Canada
- Is used almost exclusively in the world wide cruise ship industry against the difficult to kill non-enveloped Norwalk virus
- Is effective on all hard surfaces – even in the presence of organic matter
- Is non-corrosive
- Is safe for people and the environment (EPA Category IV – the safest standard)
- Is completely bio-degradable – converts to water vapor and oxygen when drying
- Will not discolor clothing or other surfaces
- Is odorless while having powerful odor killing properties
AHP was created by combining low levels of hydrogen peroxide (from just 0.1% to 0.5%) with safe ingredients (all from the FDA GRAS or EPA Inerts listings) which in combination drastically improves the efficacy of the hydrogen peroxide. As such AHP has many strong advantages over existing disinfectant technologies:
- Cleaning Ability: Traditional disinfectants are poor cleaners and generally require a cleaning step prior to the application of the disinfectant. AHP is an excellent cleaner and a disinfectant, so unless the surface is heavily soiled a pre-cleaning step is not needed, which not only saves labor but also best assures an effective result.
- Efficacy: AHP is EPA approved for killing even the most difficult to kill enveloped and non-enveloped viruses (including Parvo and the Polio Type 1 virus) as well as bacteria (including mycobacteria such as Tuberculosis).
- Speed: Existing disinfectants generally take 10 minutes to kill - since surfaces dry quicker than that the product must be reapplied in order to ensure sufficient contact time. Accel TB takes just one minute while Accel Concentrate takes just 5 minute. This quicker kill time better assures an effective end result and greatly lessens the chance that reapplication will be needed
- Personnel Safety: AHP has been EPA approved as a Category IV disinfectant and as such does not require the use of any protective equipment. Nor does the EPA require any warning labels to be on the label. Please reference the attached MSDS sheet for Accel and note the three zeros in the rating classifications index.
- Environmental: AHP is Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPE) free. In fact while drying it converts to just water vapor and oxygen.
OgenaSolutions Cleaning Systems offer class leading floor, cage and other hard surface cleaning ability. They eliminate the need for bacteria spreading mops, buckets and washcloths by applying cleaning solutions and then immediately vacuuming away the waste solution, thus eliminating the spreading of dirt and bacteria inherent in the use of mops, buckets and cleaning cloths.
OgenaSolutions Cleaning Systems offer the ability to clean, sanitize and disinfect all types of items and materials, including floors, cages, kennels, furniture, auto and truck upholstery, carpets, window screens and other hard to clean items.
OgenaSolutions's Bathing Systemsare an entirely new way of looking at the issue of dirt on an animal and how best to get that dirt out. OgenaSolutions systems actually clean from the skin up instead of the top down, are virtually mess free and allow bathing without a wash tub or stall.